As business executives, you need to take fire safety and prevention into account as a part of your daily life. You want your business to be safe against fire and prepared for an accidental case. It is not only essential to protect your property and the people residing or working, but also to abide by the local laws and regulations. A business owner is responsible for ensuring that the fire sprinklers perform effectively.
The question is: If your building caught on fire right now, would your fire sprinkler systems will get activated and control the fire?
On average, ninety-five percent of the time, fire sprinklers will do what they are expected to do. But there are tons of things that you can do to ensure that your fire sprinkler works much more efficiently than it already is.
This blog contains the signs of how you might know your fire sprinklers are not working the way they should and six techniques to ensure that they do. So, read on to learn more about the same.
You may think that the sprinklers might be working just fine because they did the last time there was a fire emergency, but that might not be the case.
So, how would you know whether your fire sprinklers are functioning suitably or not? Here are some ways to spot whether they are working efficiently:
• Scan your fire sprinkler system thoroughly to notice any damage to any part of the system. And if there is a portion where there is an issue, get it fixed as soon as possible.
• If there is a minor fire mishap and you observe a malfunctioning in any of the fire sprinkler heads, know that your fire sprinklers aren’t working adequately and need to be repaired or replaced.
• If your fire alarm sends frequent signals indicating a defect in the system, consider taking a look and fixing the problems.
Whenever you notice any of these signs, you should fix the problem at the earliest so that your building is fire safe.
How can we make sure that our fire sprinkler system is working accurately?
Here are the six ways to ensure the that your fire sprinkler system performs well:
• Conduct regular and frequent fire sprinkler maintenance. Make sure to cover all the parts of your fire sprinkler system twice. Frequent safety checks will help you spot any escape clauses in the unit.
• Try to keep at least 18 inches of clearance between the sprinkler heads and any object or surface. Doing this will help avoid any hindrances when the sprinkler activates and prevent the untargeted surface from getting soaked in water.
• If you notice any damage to your fire sprinkler heads or the water passage, get them fixed immediately. Don’t brush off any leakages or cracks in the hardware.
• Choose the appropriate type of fire sprinklers for your property. Pay special attention to the degree of the trigger bulb according to the nature of your plant.
• Keep track of your fire sprinkler inspections. Always pay attention to your inspection schedule so that you have a record of the periods of inspection. It will make it easy for you to determine the next inspection event.
• Last but most importantly, set up a fire sprinkler inspection with a professional fire inspection company. The best way to guarantee that your sprinkler system is operating properly is to have them thoroughly inspected by a professional at regular intervals. These fire inspections are not only good practice but are also required by law.
How to conduct a thorough fire inspection?
Conducting an ingrained fire inspection can be gritty and time-consuming. There is no way one can oversee a complete fire inspection all by themselves. This is where our roots run.
Millbrook Fire Protection is a fire inspection and fire sprinkler installation company that will help you plan and execute a proper fire inspection and installation.
So, if you require a fire sprinkler inspection and need further guidance — We are here for you!
Millbrook Fire Protection provides fire sprinkler inspection and installation services for residential and commercial buildings.
Contact us right away to stay safe from any fire accidents.